Wednesday 29 August 2012

Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder

Another guilty pleasure from Rimmel. See, this is what happens when I’m waiting for my bus and have too much of a spare time, which is usually about 5 minutes lol. Bought that as I have a massive problem with my skin, it is extremely oily. Now you can say it is due to the lack ok moisture in my skin but this is not true. When I’m using facial moisturisers it gets even worse...trust me. After 5 minutes of using moisturiser my face shines and is extremely oily. I have loads of creams for my type of skin from cheap ones to expensive ones – non of them seem to do the trick.



Weeks ago I read about powders that are helping you regulate the production of sebum in your skin, and because I feel little bit more confident when after applying thin layer of foundation I put little bit of that powder I decided to try this one.
Rimmer is available everywhere from tesco to boots and it is reasonably cheap. Saw that one and decided to try it. Now excuse how it looks but I have been testing it for more than a month and here is what I have noticed about it.




this is how much i have used it after 2 months - i use it 5 day a week a thin layer to give a matte finish to my skin.
Packaging – I really hope that this one that I have is the “damaged” one because im struggling to securely close it after every use. Packaging itself doesn’t look mind blowing but does it trick. I’m almost pretty sure that it wouldn’t survive in my handbag during the night out...




Coverage – this one gives you light coverage and makes your skin looks matte. Yes, it really does it, but you have to apply quite a lot of it because you may not see any difference on your skin when applying first time.

How long it lasts – well, there is a tricky part. It depends from 1- your skin, 2 – from the product you are using before applying this at the end. When I use products such as chanel lumiere or oil – free Clinique then it does the trick and last quite long, when I’m using it with max factor satin finish foundation or l’oreal – it doesn’t do the trick and my face shines. Also the same can be spotted when I’m using moisturising creams on my face before application of any makeup product....

Would I recommend it?, I would say yes, this is a cheap product I think I paid 3£-4£ for brand new one, you simply pay for brand name not for the accessories that you would think will be coming with this product, there is no mirror or sponge to apply it so if you have spare sponge or kabuki brush – well done, if not then you are in trouble!

Will I be buying it again, maybe but I’m not in rush at the moment, may reconsider after using it all.
Are you using it?

What where your thoughts about this product?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...