Saturday 11 August 2012

Calvin Klein – make up base matte, make up primer


Calvin Klein – make up base matte, make up primer. Calvin Klein, Pure White Whitening Treatment Makeup Base SPF 20



Sice I received my beloved RMK make up base I decided that they worked well with my skin type (very oily) and will try to buy some other make up primiers. Came across CK matte base on ebay, thought that they do great make up products and perfumes so make up base will be a winner as well. Here is what has happened.

Bought this in a very competitive price – brand new, under 4£! Bargain!!


Packaging – as every CK product minimalistic and simple yet luxurious box, the bottle itself is a typical plastic squeeze tube something like a toothpaste package with a fancy cap. Tube end is designed to squeeze small amount.
Here is what is actually does according to CK leaflet:

Is a sheer gel that glides onto skin as a make up base before foundation
Minimizes pores & smooths out skin texture
Enhances the wear of foundation on face
Absorbs excessive sebum for matte finish
Defends skin from the damage of UV rays
Prevents appearance of lines & dark spots





Coverage – here is where the stairs begin. For starters I was very positive when I purchased this product and thought that it is going to be amazing, unfortunately I got very disappointed. I used tiny amount first, as I usually do, put few dots all over my face with my finger palm, then I tried to blend it.... noticed the word “tried” that is because it dries super fast so literally as soon as you squeeze it out you have to blend it all o very or face super fast. Yes it does cover those skin imperfections such as pores and other so + for this, and yes, it does bright up your skin, skin looks whiter.


Applying actual foundation – oh dear... this is a horrendous process, I have never seen myself struggling with applying foundation or doing my make up for more than 30 minutes just to apply foundation after this base. Here is what happened.  I waited few minutes for makeup base to dry – even thou it says that foundation can be applyed straight after CK base. I was literally not able to apply my foundation as it was rolling of my skin with make up base and skin was looking super-dry-cakey. Horrendous, I thought, ok maybe this Clinique won’t work I will try other one – Loreal lumi magique....same story. See pictures... then I thought maybe I have to apply it on the foundation.... it was even worst my skin looked stained! Then after that  I came to conclusion that it will work great if I will only apply it and finish it with loose powder – no foundation.... well that was the best idea....
Overall, if anyone is tempted by price or brand name to buy it – don’t do it, unless you will be only using loose powder s a finish and no foundation, still not convinced it is for people like me with oily as make up stays as long as other makeup brands I’m using at the moment no matter if I use moisturiser before applying makeup or not etc.


Do not buy this unless it will be only for decorative purposes in your makeup chest or to impress some of your friends by owing CK product. Not worth those 4£ that I spent  :C very disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...